Great Minds discuss ideas. Average Minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. I discuss all three.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Neurotic

When you're anticipating something, everything else blurs away into oblivion and you become obsessed with one pinpoint that may or may not happen in the near or distant future. When you think about it, your heart jumps. When you're reminded of it you need to wince. If it happens, you feel like you've been waiting eight hundred years for it to occur.
That's me right now, minus the "happening" part. I wait and wait and wait for the next move. It reminds me of a game of chess I once played, where I placed my queen in direct danger, but if my opponent wanted to take her she would have to sacrifice her queen as well. It's the waiting game, the nerves that get going when you're putting the future of the game on the line. You know that either the person will make their move or they'll swipe their arm across the chess table ruining everything. That option is extremely less likely put still possible. Yes, I am playing a game of chess, sacrificing this and that but hopefully for a worthy cause.
And for once, I'm hoping for a stalemate.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment